With November heralding COP 26 Glasgow in our thoughts, reducing our Carbon Footprint continues!
Broder Metals Group is making a commitment to improve our environmental credentials, with the added benefit of helping staff unwind/relax in the future.
Over the last few years, we have actioned the following energy saving improvements:
- New Double Glazed Windows & Doors
- Energy Efficient Office Lighting
- Solar Panels
Turning our attention to the outside of our site, the following is in hand:
- Planting more trees (2 were planted in the Staff Garden this weekend)
- Creating a welcoming & sensory space that our staff can relax in (When it’s a bit warmer)
- Introducing more colour for as much of the year as we can and provide aromatic plants that will help our staff unwind and reduce stress.
- We will begin the transformation of the current Green space from Spring next year.
Future plans include a separate “Wild” flower area, and hopefully (if Nectar and Pollen levels are adequate) a Bee Hive.
We’ve always said that there’s a ‘Buzz’ about the place at ‘Bee MG’
Additional information regarding COP 26 Glasgow here