We take the health and wellbeing of our staff (and their families), customers and suppliers very seriously, and have adopted the following measures to mitigate risk in the current Covid-19 pandemic.
1. We have conducted a risk assessment of all employees:
a. Those “at risk” have either been moved to work in spare, unused offices we have, which will allow them to not come into contact with other staff or been encouraged to work from home.
b. Those who must use public transport are being encouraged to work from home.
2. We have or are putting in place tools and resources for staff that will allow them to work from home, as and when required.
3. We have introduced several hand-cleansing stations at all entrances and exits to our buildings.
4. We have introduced non-contact thermometers that staff can use on a daily (or as concerned) basis to measure and monitor temperature.
5. We are restricting client visits where possible and encouraging use of video or telephone conferencing as an alternative.
6. We are imposing immediate self-isolation for anyone feeling unwell or showing symptoms.
Obviously, we are also continually reviewing our continuity plans in line with Public Health England and Government guidelines.
The feedback we have had from staff has been excellent, and our staff have indicated and shown that they are well prepared and engaged to continue working effectively.
We feel confident we have the ability and motivation to carry out our services and support your needs. We are continually monitoring the situation but you can be confident that we will do everything in our power not to cause any disruption to our supply as we continue to uphold and maintain our highest levels of service.
We look forward to continuing to support you through these uncertain times and I wish you good health.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch.