Over the years we have supplied flanges, fittings, forged blocks, shafts, rings, bar and value-added shapes in a multitude of alloys:
- Low Alloy
- Stainless Steels
- Nickel Alloys
We can supply black (as forged), as well as rough or finished machined, fully tested and complying with all modern standards or to customer’s own specifications. and complying with all modern standards or to customer’s own specifications.
Our bespoke service can handle the production of forgings from 1” diameter to 3 metres and up to a weight of 3 tonnes.
Same day quote, next day dispatch
Make an Enquiry
Forging is the application of thermal and mechanical energy to steel billets or ingots to cause the material to change shape while in a solid state i.e., it is hit with a big hammer or squeezed into a different shape.
Forging offers uniformity of composition and structure and results in metallurgical recrystalisation and grain refinement as a result of the thermal cycle and deformation (hitting it with a hammer) process. This strengthens the resulting steel product particularly in terms of impact and shear strength.
For more technical information download our Forgings information sheet here
Forgings are seen advantageous as they are:
- Generally tougher than alternatives.
- Will handle impact better than castings.
- The nature of forging excludes the occurrence of porosity, shrinkage, cavities and cold pour issues (if done right).
- The tight grain structure of forgings making it mechanically strong. There is less need for expensive alloys to attain high strength components.
- The tight grain structure offers great wear resistance without the need to make products “super hard”.
“Every player in the industry needs to offer something different, something new. For Broder Metals Group it’s simple… it’s four specialist divisions each with a compelling offer in terms of product, price and delivery. But most of all, it’s our people. They’re extraordinary.”